Want to know what foods are considered trendy and innovative? Take a look at the list of finalists for the sofi™ Award for Outstanding New Product of 2009 given out by the the National Association for the Specialty Food Trade. They’re the folks who run the twice-yearly Fancy Food Show.
The winners will be announced at the the upcoming Summer Fancy Food Show in New York on Monday, June 29.
Among the 11 finalists are some items that tip the weirdness scale like tortilla chips with olives and capers. Then there are others that sound like they have possibilities, like organic blood orange soda–though I’d much rather dump the extra sugar and just eat a blood orange.
Here’s the list of finalists:
* Belle Chevre – Belle & The Bees Breakfast Cheese
* Chex Finer Foods – Laurel Hill Tortilla Chips – Olive and Caper
* Clotho Corp. – Haddrell’s of Cambridge Rewarewa Honey
* European Imports Ltd.- Cucina Viva Roasted Red Tomatoes
* Grafton Village Cheese Co. – Grafton Duet
* Koppert Cress USA – Mustard Cress Single Retail Unit
* New England Herbal Foods – Danielle Fruit Chips – Roasted Coconut
* Sonoma Syrup Co.™ – Acai Black Currant Superfruit Syrup™
* The Gracious Gourmet – Dilled Carrot Tomato Tapenade
* Theo Chocolate – Theo Limited Edition Collection
* Vinnedge Distributing Inc.- Vergnano Italian Organic Blood Orange Soda
For more information, click here.